The Heart of AWS: Our Local Sections
Our Sections are the foundation of AWS: These locally-based groups shape the continued strength and advancement of our global organization and the welding industry in general.
Discover many advantages of AWS section meetings and activities:
- Fresh thinking. Need new ideas to help you achieve your goals; work smarter or generate more efficient results? Sections are a great resource to break out of your rut and get fresh input from a variety of people with different perspectives and experiences.
- Connections. You’ll find many opportunities to network with your fellow professionals and forge mutually-rewarding business and professional relationships.
- Practical advice. If you’re facing challenging business or career issues, seek out Section members with years of experience: their insights and advice could save you a lot of wasted time, money and mistakes.
- Professional development. You can earn continuing education hours by attending your Section’s technical meetings, as well as other planned activities like educational seminars, plant tours, social events, student programs, community projects and more.
- Codes, Standards and Publications. Most AWS Sections host Section Libraries which contain current AWS publications, including commonly used specifications such as AWS D1.1/D1.1M Structural Welding Code – Steel and standards such as AWS A2.4 Standard Symbols for Welding, Brazing, and nondestructive examination, all free for active members to reference, as needed.
- Camaraderie. Most people really enjoy AWS Section activities and often forming lasting friendships based upon the mutual interests and experiences we all share as welding industry professionals.