Sheet Metal Welding Conference XIX
Welding Solutions for Lightweight and Electric Vehicle Production
November 2-4, 2021
Laurel Manor, Livonia, Michigan
In Partnership With
OSU Material Sciences and Engineering
The Sheet Metal Welding Conference (SMWC) is the premier technical conference dedicated to bringing experts together to discuss state-of-the-art welding and joining technologies for the automotive, transportation, and light manufacturing industries. SMWC also provides important opportunities for engineers and researchers from manufacturers, suppliers, universities, and research institutes to network and meet experts in the field of welding.
SMWC XIX will emphasize recent developments in welding and joining solutions that enable new generations of vehicle design and construction. You are invited to submit technical papers for presentation at this conference.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Fusion Welding and Brazing (Resistance, Arc, Laser and others)
- Solid-State Joining
- Mechanical Fastening
- Adhesive Bonding
- Hybrid Joining Methods
- Weld Inspection and Repair
- Welding & Joining Process Simulation
- Vehicle Performance Simulation & Assessment
- Joining Challenges for Electric Vehicles
- Joining of Advanced Steels
- Joining of Lightweight Materials
- Joining of Dissimilar Materials
- Materials and Weldability
- Non-sheet-metal Automotive Joining
- Joining Tooling & Equipment
- Welding Process Monitoring & Control
- Joining of Copper and its Alloys
- Joining for Electric Powertrain
Note: The conference will be preceded by a one-day workshop on November 1, 2021.
Abstract Submission March 26, 2021
Notification of Acceptance April 23, 2021
Full Paper Submission Due Date July 30, 2021
Please submit the Author Application Form including a 100-300 word paper abstract by March 26, 2021. If you have any questions related to the submission, please contact:
Menachem Kimchi, Technical Chair, The Ohio State University, firstname.lastname@example.org.
A single complimentary admission to the conference is available for each presented paper.
If your abstract has previously been accepted for this conference and you would like to submit your paper for the 2021 conference, please email them to SMWCpaper@awsdetroit.org.