The American Welding Society Foundation awards over $2 million annually for education and training in welding and related fields!
Students in the Mid-Plains Section may be eligible for the following scholarships:
National, District, and Section Scholarships – Deadline March 1st for the following fall term
For students pursuing a specific degree at an accredited two-year or four-year college or university. Scholarships range from $3,000 – $5,000+.
A minimum of $15,000 is available in each of AWS’s 22 Districts for students pursuing a degree or certificate in a welding or welding-related program. Scholarships typically range from $1,000 to $2,500+.
Karl Fogleman – District 16 Scholarship
This scholarship was named for Karl Fogleman District 16 Director on February 3, 2018
- This Scholarship will be awarded to a student pursuing a career in welding or welding related courses
- Applicant must have a minimum high school diploma or GED.
- Proof of financial need is required
- Applicant must be a US Citizen
- Applicant must reside in District 16
- Preference will be given to an AWS Member
Welder Training Scholarship
For students seeking welder training in a certificate program less than two years in length through a trade school, community college, or other facility providing welder training. Each District has a minimum of 25 – $1,000 scholarships to award. Applications are accepted January-November and selections are made on a rolling basis until the District awards the designated funds for the year.