The American Welding Society Foundation awards over $2 million annually for education and training in welding and related fields!
Students in the New York Section may be eligible for the following scholarships:
National, District, and Section Scholarships – Deadline March 1st for the following fall term
For students pursuing a specific degree at an accredited two-year or four-year college or university. Scholarships range from $3,000 – $5,000+.
A minimum of $15,000 is available in each of AWS’s 22 Districts for students pursuing a degree or certificate in a welding or welding-related program. Scholarships typically range from $1,000 to $2,500+.
AWS New York Section Scholarship
The New York Section has established a scholarship in the AWS Foundation for a student residing in the section.
- One $1,500 scholarship annually for student in District 2 from the New York, New Jersey, or Long Island Sections
- Student must be pursuing a two-year or four-year post-secondary degree in welding or related program.
- Priority is to select a candidate from one of the following secondary vocational/technical schools:
- Eastern Suffolk BOCES
- Western Suffolk BOCES
- Morris County Vocational School District
- Nassau BOCES: Barry Tech Center – Westbury
- School of Co-op Tech
- Sussex County Technical School
- Rockland BOCES
Welder Training Scholarship
For students seeking welder training in a certificate program less than two years in length through a trade school, community college, or other facility providing welder training. Each District has a minimum of 25 – $1,000 scholarships to award.
Applications are accepted January-November and selections are made on a rolling basis until the District awards the designated funds for the year.